University of Cyprus-Seit Lab
The University of Cyprus participates in Rural+ Project through the Software Engineering and Internet Technologies (SEIT) Laboratory, an integral part of the Department of Computer Science. SEIT focuses its research activities on two important areas of Information Technology, namely Software Engineering and Internet Technologies. In the second area, the Laboratory concentrates on the development of ICT-enabled Creativity and Enhanced Learning Environments, platforms and tools for implementing Health monitoring and support services, Smart and Personalised services for Elders and Assistive Technologies for people with disabilities. SEIT has extensive experience in the area of applying ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) to e-Learning, m-Learning and Open and Distance Learning in general as well as Life Long Learning in particular. This expertise is both at a technical level and at developing policies and qualification frameworks for such activities. Regarding only the Erasmus+ related themes, SEIT has recently coordinated four Erasmus+ projects (VeLoCiTy, World-of-Physics, DiFens, IDEA) and currently coordinates one Erasmus+ project: wINGS (begun in 2018), and also participates in 14 more: EASIER, EPUM, ELSE, AT-SGIRES, SENSE, WINDEXT, Dig-It, ISSA, ICT-4TVET, TOOLS, PRIMAE, QHELP, Digi-Sporting and Job-Jo. SEIT has also participated in 13 Leonardo da Vinci projects, 3 EUMEDIS projects, 2 FP (Framework Programs), 1 INCO-DC and 3 projects funded by national funds. It has also participated in the EMUNI project and the VUSCC initiative, both related to policymaking or reform and qualifications accreditation, as well as in the Interreg IVC project Innofun, on developing policies for entrepreneurship and innovation. SEIT is currently participating in two AAL projects: eSticky, and GUIDed, and in one national project: ReaDI-STANCE.
Enjoy Sicily was born in 2011 as a group of young people living in the suburbs of Messina with the aim to create and develop activities to improve the local social context, exchange new experiences at international level and implement new tools and methodologies. In 2016, Enjoy Sicily became an official Non Profit organization, in which 3 mentors and 2 social workers develop every day non formal activities for the City of Messina and all its province (the 8th biggest in Italy).
Since 2018, Enjoy Sicily is the official organization working on behalf of the Cultural and Education Council of the City of Messina, and this cooperation help us to have better relationships with educational centres, but also with local NGOs and public bodies of all the province. Every year, Enjoy Sicily organize more than 20 workshops about how to improve social and entrepreneurial skills, both for trainers and for students, as more than 30 workshops about the european opportunities for youth, school, adults.
Enjoy Sicily is also accredited as Hosting and Coordinator partner for the ESC program, and manage several national and regional funds to implement training courses both in urban cities and rural areas.
Local Action Group (LAG) Nouseva Rannikkoseutu is an association aimed at developing rural areas. The organisation operates in seven municipalities (with altogether 54 000 inhabitants) in northern Finland. LAG Nouseva Rannikkoseutu was founded in 1996 and it has its own strategic plan that follows LEADER-programme. The plan is carried out by funding development projects and entrepreneurial projects. In addition, the organisation educates, informs, activates and helps local people. Activity is open for everyone.
We are a project organisation that has a plenty of experience in planning, coordinating and implementing projects.
Our main actions – strongly influencing to one another – are:
- Actions that improve the quality of life in general: strengthens pleasance, vitality and cooperation
- Actions that improve employment and diversify sources of income and lines of business
- Actions that support sustainable development and good state of environment
- Actions that improve young peoples’ involvement in local development
IPN Incubator - Association for the Development of Incubation Activities for Ideas and Businesses - is a private, non-profit institution created in 2002 on the initiative of Pedro Nunes Institute (IPN) and the University of Coimbra. At the Incubator, companies in the first years of existence have access to conditions that promote access to the scientific and technological system and a wide range of services facilitating the startup process and entrance to the market through training in technical and management areas and contact with national and international markets. The Incubator provides support for the early stages of new innovative, technology-based or advanced services business projects. Priority projects are spin-offs arising from the University of Coimbra and startups that ensure a strong connection to the university environment, whether through students, faculty or RTD activities.
IPN-INCUBATOR develops its activities on three fronts that reinforce and complement each other:
- 1. Research and technological development (I&DT), consultancy and specialized services through its 6 laboratories (materials, automation, ICT, geotechnics, corrosion and plant health)
- 2. Incubation and acceleration of technology-based companies
- 3. Specialized training. With about 130 employees, IPN thus forms an integrated model that operates in all phases of the cycle of transferring knowledge and qualification of entrepreneurship, generating synergies and enhancing complementarities in the areas of specialized training, including R&D, valuing the knowledge generated and culminating in the incubation and acceleration of companies.
It houses ESA BIC Portugal, one of the 20 current incubation centers of the European Space Agency (ESA). With extensive experience in the execution of projects, he has more than 60 R&DT projects / year in close collaboration with companies; it participates in more than 170 dissemination activities / year, including its active contribution in the 35 national and international networks of which it is a part. The Training Department is equipped with highly qualified internal and external employees to respond to the training needs of young entrepreneurs, researchers, companies and entrepreneurs, being a training entity certified by the respective national authority (DGERT). In close collaboration with all IPN units, this department also actively collaborates in mentoring and coaching activities for the same audience
Asociación para o desenvolvemento rural da Comarca de Lugo
The ASOCIACION DE DESARROLLO RURAL COMARCA DE LUGO, or ADR COMARCA DE LUGO, is a non-profit association.
The Association integrates as of December 31, 2020, 17 ENTITIES, organizations and associations that are committed to the development of the territory and are representative in the various areas of the institutional, social, economic, forest, farming and cultural reality.
The aims of the Association are:
- Implement rural development in the different municipal areas incorporated into the association immediately or adapted to their respective specificities, through broader strategies and actions that transcend those specificities
- Encourage the acquisition of knowledge in rural development and disseminate this knowledge
- Seek the endogenous development of the rural environment through the application of innovative solutions that are exemplary in nature and that complement and support the initiatives of public administrations
- Promote, support and promote all kinds of cultural and scientific activities for the defense of cultural, artistic, historical, architectural and natural heritage
- promote and promote research for regional and local economic and social development
- Promote all kinds of initiatives aimed at promoting activities of general interest to the community, as long as they are in accordance with the laws and are aimed at the common good
- Offer training, information and advice aimed especially at the youth group, through the provision of training actions and professional improvement in the field of teaching in any technical-professional area, to individuals and legal entities that need it, giving preference to the youth group
Asociaciòn Cultural Ingalicia
Ingalicia was founded in 2007 to promote a spirit and community integration and to foster European culture awareness among the youth. Ingalicia is presented at local level as a tool to assist and support the implementation of non-formal education courses and improving knowledge of European labour system practices. We organise courses, visits and meetings, European events for public agencies on policies concerning youth, mobility, sports, local economic development , culture and cooperation with developing countries. We believe that transnational experience could offer young people the opportunity to grow within a European dimension through their personal and professional skills, so that they could become main actors of the European future.
Since its foundation, the association has participated in various advocacy and promotion of European mobility and its members have large mobility experience as trainers. Ingalicia has been actively involved in local and international formal and non-formal projects since the very start of its existence. Up until now, the organization has successfully implemented as coordinators more than 100 separate project actions on its own (and several times that as a partner), especially KA1 and KA2 actions.
Project Partner Organizations